Wednesday, January 3, 2007

My first tattle!

I decided to follow in my sister's footsteps and start a blog for our family! I had been thinking about it for awhile, now that we have a beautiful baby girl. Her name is Katy (Kathryn Faith), born on Aug. 18th '06. I thought a blog would be fun for multiple reasons, but most importantly, I want to be able to tell family & friends who don't get to see her on a regular basis about all the little things that happen on a day-to-day basis. Also, I love that one day when Katy is old enough, she can read back through all the archives and hopefully realize just how much her mommy & daddy loved her, and how much joy she brought to us each day! This seems a great way to keep a record which others can also enjoy, so I will try my best to continually post little tidbits about the next generation of the Tittle family! Benji may also add his two cents from time to time, although he also keeps busy with our family website... http://www.tittle.net/ . That has a full gallery of photos of Katy, as well as our family newsletter, so be sure to check it out as well from time to time. But since that website is for all the Tittles, and not just our immediate family, I thought this would be an easy way to keep all of you up-to-date with our daily going-ons! And perhaps one day, Katy herself will be posting here too!

So anyways... HAPPY NEW YEAR! Wow, how life has changed in one year. A year ago I was fighting daily morning sickness and terrible heartburn, and August, when our baby was due to arrive, seemed SOOO far away. But now our tiny little miracle is already 4 1/2 mnths old, and growing so fast. Too fast! I sometimes want to slow time down, to enjoy this precious period, before she is a teenager and wants nothing to do with us. :)
We spent New Year's Eve with our friends, Jason & Kari. They have two adorable children - Cosette who is 4, and Henry who turns 7mths old today! We enjoyed dinner together, and then spent the evening chatting and trying to convince our babies to sleep. It was a fun night with great friends. (And guys... we now have the exact same exersaucer as you, seeing as Katy seemed to approve of your selection!) :) Inspite of my efforts, although Katy took a little cat nap here and there, she managed to keep herself awake until midnight! That's our girl... when there are people around, she doesn't want to miss out on a thing! Here is a pic of her at midnight - incredibly sleepy but still managing to keep those beautiful blue eyes open.

Last night was a big one... Katy spent her first night in her crib! She has been sleeping in our room, in a cosleeper next to me or even right in with us. It's made breastfeeding so easy, to not have to get up if she is hungry at 3 or 4 am or whenever it may be. But last night I layed her down in her crib in the nursery when she konked out while nursing around 8:30pm. Since she was sound asleep when Benji and I were heading to bed a few hours later, I decided to leave her there. I think it was hard for mommy but no big deal for Katy! I checked on her around 4am, and she was still sound asleep. But I couldn't sleep, so close to 5 I finally got up again thinking maybe I would start blogging. I peeked in again and noticed she was lying there quietly but wide awake. When she saw me I got one of her huge smiles! So at that point I brought her back in to our room and nursed her, and she fell back asleep until after 8am.

Well, speaking of Katy and sleeping... she has just awoken from a nap and is calling out, so I had better run! Thanks for checking out our new Blog!

No comments: