Monday, February 19, 2007

Visiting with Nanna...

So my mom, Katy's Nanna, arrived late Thursday night for a 10 day visit, and to give us some Katy-sitting while I worked a couple of days, and to allow Benji and I to go away for our anniversary later this week. It was a stressful day of flying for my mom, as she had standby vouchers with Alaska Airlines. When we planned this trip back in January, we did not realize how overbooked the flights would get because the Thursday was heading into a long weekend (today is President's Day). So although there were plenty of seats from Calgary to Seattle, it was looking like she was going to be stranded in Seattle, possible for the entire weekend! But finally, she somehow made it on to a flight and arrived in San Jose at 11pm Thursday, much to all of our relief!

Benji and I worked Friday, so Nanna & Katy had a day together. Nanna took Katy to a neighbourhood park where Katy experienced a swing for the very first time! I went back with them Saturday, as it was beautiful (75 degrees!) and I of course had to get some pics of Katy on the swing, and happily playing with woodchips at the little toddler park.
As you can see, Katy quite enjoyed herself at the park, and loved watching the other little kids who were running around. She has definitely been having a good time with her Nanna, although she likes to put on a show and make her Mommy feel guilty when I show up!! :)

1 comment:

Brad and Samantha said...

I love seeing pictures of Katy.. .she is getting sooo big! Sounds like you had a lovely V-day! Brad was very good to me as well. He made a gourment meal for me over candle light with wine, flowers and he bought me a really pretty sweater. I was so impressed with his cooking. He made a chicken cordon blue stuffed with swiss cheese and ham, garlic mashed potatoes and mixed vegies with a cheese sauce. It was delicious! He had decorated the whole living room with candles hearts ect. Anyways i felt loved.. I hope you have a wonderful anniversary, and that your time away together will be relaxing and refreshing!
Love,
Samantha:)