Sunday, February 18, 2007

Our Valentine's Day


I know this is a little late, but I have been meaning to post about our Valentine's Day. But better a bit late than never right? My Valentine's started a day early, when as I pulled out of our driveway to head with Katy to our nursing support group, I noticed a box on our front porch which looked suspiciously like flowers. As Katy was all strapped into her carseat, I just quickly put the box inside the house but didn't open it until we arrived home. It was two dozen beautiful tulips from my sweet husband! I absolutely love tulips. Benji had them delivered to our house a day early since I was going to be covering for another chiropractor on V-day.

So on Valentine's Day, I was going to work and Benji was staying home with Katy. As I was getting ready I noticed a pretty gift bag sitting out, and inside was a beautiful card and a TON of all sorts of delicious milk chocolate and truffles. Yummy! I then gave Benji his gift bag... only "gadget boys" will appreciate his present, as it was this fancy alarm clock/20 kinds of white noise/Ipod player/radio from Sharper Image. We had actually first noticed one in our hotel where we stayed during our Christmas in LA, and Benji had been quite impressed by it. Those of you who know Benji know that his Video Ipod are ALWAYS connected to him and ALWAYS in use, so this will be put to good use. And he was ready to kill his old alarm clock, as it periodically was not bothering to go off in the morning.

Off I went to work after our gift exchange. My lunch break ended up being a good 3 hrs, so I came home and suggested we could go out for lunch, all 3 of us. If you live in this area, you know that restaurants are CRAZY busy and ridiculously overpriced for dinner on V-day, so we weren't going to attempt to do that, but lunch sounded like a nice idea. And so it was... we had a wonderful Italian lunch including champagne and dessert for a total of $35! Katy was very good... played with the sugars for awhile and then went to sleep for the last half of our meal.

Then I returned to work just for a couple of hours. When I came home, we got Katy to bed and then enjoyed smoked salmon, cheese and crackers with some more champagne. All in all, a wonderful Valentine's Day!!

No comments: