Monday, February 26, 2007

Our 5th Anniversary

In Capitola, staying in our Portofino room at the Inn at Depot Hill
Our anniversary dinner at The Shadowbrook Restaurant

We were given these yummy truffles for dessert as an anniversary gift
Our 5th anniversary was last Friday, Feb. 23rd. We kept to our annual tradition of returning to The Inn at Depot Hill, where we spent the first 3 nights of our honeymoon in the Portofino room, a gorgeous room that makes you feel as if you were in Italy. We have gone back every year to celebrate our anniversary, and this year we managed to go again for two nights, thanks to Katy's Nanna. My mom took wonderful care of our little girl and gave Benji and I the chance to just be together and enjoy each other's company. My dad arrived mid-way through our time in Capitola, so he was able to help take care of Katy too. Thank-you!!

We were so grateful for this gift to us... although I was afraid I'd be desparate to return to my baby after one night, I was really able to just relax and enjoy our time together, knowing Katy was in the best of hands. It was SO good to reconnect with my hubby of 5! years. Amazing to be there remembering just a year ago we were there and I was 3+ mths pregnant, still just getting over the remainder of morning sickness. In past years we visited Depot Hill with a twinge of sadness, expecting that we would have had a baby on the way, but instead in the midst of what would be 3 miscarriages. But this year there was no sadness, knowing we'd been blessed with a beautiful baby girl who was waiting for us at home.

We definitely enjoyed our two nights... fireplace in our room, private hot tub out on our garden terrace, gourmet breakfasts served to our room, strolling around Capitola, enjoying clam chowder and a veggie burger at our favourite spot along the beach, playing cribbage in a coffeeshop, wine tasting one night at the Shadowbrook followed by our anniversary dinner back there the following evening. It was a wonderful, romantic two nights, spent with the man that is a devoted husband & father, and my best friend. Benji, I know I don't say it enough, but I love you very much! Thanks for loving me so well, and for always taking such good care of your girls. Happy 5th anniversary... looking forward to the next 5 with you.



1 comment:

Brad and Samantha said...

Aww.. that was a nice post! My eyes got a little watery.. I have been so emotionally lately! O well, glad that you had such a lovely time together!
Luv,
Samantha:)