Monday, February 26, 2007

Katy's 6 mnth update...

So now that Katy is 6 mnths old, she is up to all sorts of new tricks! I already mentioned in my last post she is now eating food... she has taken to food like a duck to water. I was just telling Benji that earlier today I was feeding her carrots, and she kept crying. At first I was wondering if they were too cold or she just didn't want them this time, but I soon realized it was because I wasn't feeding her fast enough between spoonfuls! So she was getting mad with me using the spoon to get extra carrot off of her chin etc, rather than IMMEDIATELY giving her more! :) We are now giving her something twice a day - as of now it has been bananas in the morning, and carrots in the afternoon. We also tried applesauce the other day - NO GO! Katy did NOT want anything to do with it. Really now, can we blame her? Cooked mushy apples?? As Jackson would say, "Ucky!" Like mother, like daughter... NO COOKED FRUIT!!

Katy is also *this* close to sitting on her own. She can do it for a bit, but sometimes starts to fall over to the side. She can, of course, roll over whichever way as she pleases. She has become quite the chatterbox, as anybody who has seen her in the last month or two can attest to. And I think we have an early-to-bed, early-to-rise girl on our hands! As of the day Katy turned exactly 6mnths old, she has been sleeping through the entire night, in her own crib. Some of you may remember we tried her crib out awhile back, but I ended up keeping her in with us for awhile longer. It was mainly just nice for me... since then if she needed feeding I could just reach over and pull her in with me from her cosleeper. But as you know, after we returned from Canada we stopped the night feedings altogether. She was doing pretty well, but still usually waking up at 4:30 or 5am for awhile. Decided to see if moving her to her own room might help her sleep... who can blame anybody for waking up with daddy snoring in such close proximity??

So Katy has now had a full week in her own crib at night, and she has done beautifully! If we are home, she is in bed between 6-7pm, and wakes up usually just after 6am! We usually here her over the monitor chatting away, and then starting to cry out if I don't go get her for breakfast. So I bring her back to bed with me so she can eat and I can snooze a bit more. When she is done eating, if we are still lying there, she will lay there in between us, talking non-stop and reaching out and touching our faces. You can just tell she's saying, "Time to get up guys!"

Yesterday, since she is doing so well in her crib, decided it was time to pack up Katy's cosleeper... a little odd and a little sad not to have it and her next to me by our bed anymore... my little girl is all grown-up! :) Time to put it away until the next baby... and no! that won't be any time soon!

1 comment:

Brad and Samantha said...

That is awesome she is already sleeping throught he night. I laughed when you said Katy get's mad when you don't feed her fast enough. Sounds like your going to have a determined little girl!:)
Luv,
Sam