Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Double Digits!

Yesterday, Katy hit double digits, turning 10 mnths old! I can remember turning 10 yrs old... it somehow seemed so much older to be 10 than 9, to be double digits. :) And now, saying my baby girl is 10 mnths old sounds so big!

So this afternoon I took Katy back to the breastfeeding support group to see what her weight would be. Drumroll please... from being 15-3 at 9mnths, Katy jumped over a pound to 16lbs 5oz! Guess all that chicken & yogurt is starting to stick! For those keeping track (which I realize is probably only me), her typical weight gain for months now has been a 1/2 lb per mnth, so this time she over doubled the norm.

Katy has many new talents, all which started almost 2 wks ago. Katy's most recent accomplisments, which my parents got to see her demonstrate MANY times, are clapping and stretching. For months I had been singing and signing to the song, "If you're happy and you know it...", but with multiple verses for all the emotions. So starting almost 2 wks ago, if I say, "clap your hands", Katy will smile & clap. I sing a verse, "If you're tired and you know it stretch & yawn." I used to stretch & yawn, and she would laugh. Now all I have to do anytime is say "stretch!", and Katy will lift up both hands over her head. Very, very cute. We also think we may have our 1st word. One afternoon Katy was sitting playing on the floor, and then got fussy. She saw me, stretched out her arms, and out came, "Ma-ma-ma-ma." The "m" sound is not one she has typically done, and this seemed quite purposeful. And while I realize I have a bias to her first word being "Mama", I am not the only one who has since noticed her do the same thing, and it's the only time you hear that "ma" sound. And while Katy is still not yet crawling, she is getting quite mobile by scooting around our hardwood floors on her butt. She also will grab on to things like the coffee table and try to pull up. She can't quite get herself all the way up yet without a little help, but she's getting there!

So on to mnth 11! I imagine it's going to be an eventful month. And we need to do some serious baby-proofing!!!

2 comments:

Brad and Samantha said...

And Yes I am still reading your blog updates... when are you guys coming in August again?

Unknown said...

Now we are coming Aug. 28th to Sept 4th. Worked best for flights, plus it's the long weekend so Dad & Lauren will have the extra day off at home.